You can share your class with teachers, to make collaboration more effective and help your students!
For any given class, there can be two types of teachers:
- Primary teachers
- One or several co-teachers
In your Lalilo account, you can be the primary teacher for some classes, and the co-teacher for some other classes.
Primary or co-teacher?
The co-teacher will not be able to take these actions:
- Renaming, archiving or deleting the classes they share with the primary teacher;
- Renaming, deleting, transferring the students who belong to the primary teacher;
- Share the primary teacher's classes with additional co-teachers.
⚠️ Please note that depending on the rostering method, the primary teachers may not be able to take these actions either.
Am I a primary teacher, or a co-teacher?
The easiest way to check your status is to go to your Class settings (left menu).
- If you are a primary teacher, and your account was manually rostered, you will see a field where you can enter the email address of the co-teachers. If your account was rostered via Renaissance or Clever, you will see "Primary teacher" next to your name.
- If you are a co-teacher, you will see the message below, and you will have no option to share your class.
⚠️ Please note that depending on the rostering method, you may not have the option to leave the class.
Sharing a Clever or Renaissance rostered class
Your Lalilo account will reflect the primary/co-teacher organization of your school, according to Clever or the Renaissance Growth Platform.
Therefore, there will be no option for you to share your classes, because it will have been automatically done.
Sharing a manually rostered class
⚠️ If your teacher account is synced with Clever, you will not be able to share your manually-rostered classes with other teachers.
You can add or remove co-teachers from the Class Settings page (left menu).
Adding a co-teacher
- Enter the co-teacher's email address;
⚠️ Please make sure they already have a Lalilo account, and that you have entered the email address which they use to log in to Lalilo.
- Hit Send;
- The co-teacher will receive an email to invite them to join your class. Once they have accepted the invitation, they will appear as co-teachers in your Class Settings.
Removing a co-teacher
Simply click on Remove this co-teacher. If you ever change your mind, you can share the class again with them.
If you no longer want to be the primary teacher...
... you will need to email the future primary teacher, and visit our support page to submit a Support ticket and let us know that you would like to change your status, and who should be the new primary teacher. We can also remove you from the class altogether if necessary.
How do I become a co-teacher?
First of all, you will need to create your own Lalilo account.
The primary teacher will need to send you an invitation (they can follow the steps of the above section). You will receive an email "You've been invited to join a class on Lalilo".
⚠️ Please make sure the primary teachers uses the email with which you created your Lalilo account.
How do I leave a shared class?
Go to your Class settings (left menu), and click on Leave this class.
⚠️ Depending on the rostering method, you may not have the option to leave a class.
How do I become the new primary teacher to a class?
You will need to email the current primary teacher and visit our support page to submit a Support ticket letting us know that you would like to change your status.
If you need further information, feel free to submit a Support ticket.